All of us have eaten Pesto Sauce, and various things made with it at a lot of places. A smorgasbord of flavors, this can be a topping, a dip, a base- making it a versatile ingredient for a snack or main course.
One of the quickest recipes, this is a breeze to make at home.
Basil Leaves (Washed and Dried) 45 gm
Walnuts 15 gm
Garlic Cloves 8-10 nos
Olive Oil 75 gm
Parmesan Cheese 50 gm
Salt 1 tsp
- Pulse Garlic and Walnuts in a blender for a coarse consistency.
- Add Basil and pulse again. Do not make a pulp or paste. The mix should remain coarse.
- Add Olive Oil, Cheese & Salt and blend for another 20 seconds.
- Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to one week. For long term storage, you can freeze the sauce in sealed ziplock bags.
- Freeze the sauce in an ice cube tray. Whenever required, take out the necessary number of cubes and use them as desired.
- Traditionally, Pesto Sauce is made with Pine Nuts, but Walnuts are as good.