Prep Time: 20 minutes
Marination time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total: 4 hours 30 minutes
1) In a large mixing bowl-add Chicken, Ginger Garlic Paste, Tandoori Masala, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Lemon Juice and Olive Oil. Mix everything well, preferably with hands, to ensure chicken is evenly coated with all the ingredients. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
2) After the first marination, add the curd and mix thoroughly with the marinade. Again refrigerate for at least two hours.
3) Take out, add salt and mix.
4) Skewer the chicken pieces, 4-5 on each, depending on the size of the skewer.
5) Heat a cast iron pan or grill pan. It should be extremely hot.
6) Place chicken skewers on the grill pan and cook on all the slides, turning the skewers intermittently to ensure slight charring from all sides.
7) Keep checking the chicken. Once it is 90% cooked, add butter. Butter will caramelize the chicken and lend a smoky texture.
8) Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with lime juice and chat masala.
TIPS & TRICKS
# For a smoky flavour- Burn a charcoal until red hot. Transfer the hot charcoal in a small bowl. Place the bowl in the marinated chicken. Drizzle with half a tsp of ghee and cover immediately. Let this smoke for 5 mins and cook immediately.
# Use very thick or hung curd to ensure an even coating.
# Marination time is very important. I have marinated the chicken for 4 hours.
# No oil is required when grilling the meat, since the marinade already has olive oil. But endue that the pan is extremely hot, otherwise the meat might stick to the pan.
# The Tandoori Masala used in this recipe is of “Shaan” brand. Any other brand of tandoori or fry masala can be used.